Apply for a Grant
Thank you for exploring the Depot Foundation Fund granting opportunities. Our grant cycle runs once annually as indicated below:
- July 15th – Grant Cycle Opens
- Sept. 19th (UPDATED for 2022-2023) – Applications and document submissions are due.
- October 25th – Grant determinations are made on or before October 25th.
- June 1st – Grant reports by grantees are due no later than June 1st.
The Depot Foundation makes grants for projects from our Undesignated Fund with the following qualifications:
- Your organization must be a 501(c)(3) as designated by the Internal Revenue Service. You will need to provide a copy of your IRS Determination Letter with your grant application.
- The Depot Foundation gives grants in the form of project support. Your organization must have its program, show, or exhibit at the St. Louis County Depot and it must be open to the public. The Depot Foundation will not consider grants for private events held at the Depot.
- Grants must be submitted electronically through the secure grantee portal on this website whereby you will be prompted to create an account with a username and password.
- Any grantee who has received funds from the Depot Foundation shall provide an annual account (Grant Report) of expenditures related to any grants received no later than June 1st in order to be eligible for consideration of future grants.
- The Depot Foundation primarily funds projects, exhibits and programming held at the St. Louis County Depot. Events must be open to the public, and adhere to our mission of preserving the St. Louis County Depot as a vibrant and welcoming forum for the arts, culture and history. Examples of previous grants include: theatrical performances, artistic collaborations, exhibits, improvements/enhancements to the Depot building and tenant spaces, concerts and educational programming for youth.
- For a complete list of granting policies, please click: 2023 Granting Policies
- At the Depot Foundation, diversity, equity, and inclusion are values essential to our mission. With our grantmaking, and within our organization, we embrace and celebrate our differences, and seek to empower all individuals and organizations to feel respected, recognized, appreciated and valued. We recognize that having the benefit of varied perspectives makes better art and makes better communities.
How to apply for a Grant
- Click HERE to access the grant portal. To apply for a grant, you must first create an account with a username and password. The application portal opens on July 15th and closes Sept. 19th.
- Following grant submission, applicants will be invited to make an in-person presentation of their proposed project to our Grants Committee. Presentations are optional, but highly encouraged.
- For further explanation of our granting policies, or should you have problems accessing the application portal, please call 218-279-9913 or you may email us at info*AT*depotfoundation.org.